I am really excited about this happiness challenge. I am a strong believer in little things making a big impact in our lives, we just don’t always notice it.
After the antianxiety challenge that we started two weeks ago, I wanted to pursue this 30 Day Happiness Challenge. I believe that we can make a difference in our lives with these little things.
So I wanted to make a simple yet effective happiness challenge that wouldn’t take a lot of effort but would be things we could weave into our everyday. They say it takes 30 days to break a habit and you need to make it a habit to be happy!
Beyond doing these activities everyday, I suggest two more things as well…
Number one: write down three things you’re thankful for each and everyday. Doing this will train your brain to be looking for the good each day instead of the bad. It is powerful and super effective.
Number two: find some quiet time each day to do some deep breathing and repeat some positive mantras. It really is easy, I promise. Maybe something like, “I am happy. I am strong. I have plenty of money. Good things happen to me.”
Download the 30 happiness challenge
- No social media day.
- Call a friend (not a text).
- Listen to your favorite song.
- 15 minutes of exercise.
- Put fresh flowers on your table.
- Hug someone you love (tight).
- Do one small random act of kindness.
- Watch a funny movie.
- Dance to happy music.
- No complaining all day.
- Go get your favorite treat.
- Color a picture. Or draw one.
- Doll yourself up. Put some make up on. Wear your favourite clothes.
- Start a new book. Wirte a poem.
- Take a walk.
- Play with your dog (or cat). If you don’t have a pet, you can hug a teddy bear.
- Get a pedicure, manicure, or massage.
- Spend one on one time with your favorite person.
- Plant flowers, water them, buy a plant.
- Go for a drive or walk with no destination.
- Bake cookies from scratch.
- Take a nap.
- Write down things you’re good at.
- Declutter the busiest room of your home.
- Buy something you’ve been wanting.
- Visit a lake, a beach, a river, a park.
- Go out to dinner.
- Plan a future dream vacation.
- Go see a movie with someone.
- Buy a gift for someone you love.
Post made possible thanks to Montse M.