I have a severe anxiety disorder, among OCD and other mental issues. Some days are better than others but I’m able to keep a pretty good grip on it most of the time. At least I want to think I do.
Of course there are many things I do to keep my anxiety under control but sometimes I feel like I need a total anxiety reset. There are some days that I really just want to get away from the world and close myself in my room with loud music.
But I am aware that is not the right way of living. This is why today I am creating this 21 Day Antianxiety Challenge.
You can follow along each day of the challenge with this Printable Planner.
- Spend 20 minutes outside. You can go to the park, for a short walk, to the beach, etc.
- Color a page in a coloring book or you can draw your own thing and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write down five things you are grateful for: your family, your friends, your house, etc.
- Get hydrated: drink lots of water, tea, etc.
- Play loud music and dance, it is time to get a bit wild.
- No social media day: no Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter, etc.
- Take a long bubble bath, or just get in the shower and sing.
- Ten minutes of meditation, you can follow this link to listen to some calming music.
- Do your favorite cardio exercise for 20 minutes, you can dance, running, walking, etc.
- Go to bed early.
- Start a good vitamin regimen, try to cut down all those fats, sugars, and carbs.
- Snuggle an animal. If you don’t have a pet, you canjust buy a teddy bear and hug it.
- Do some yoga, follow this link for a quick guide.
- Look up Hygge and learn more about it.
- Try a relaxing essential oil blend.
- Make a stress ball.
- Pick a time of day that will be just for you. Do what you enjoy the most. Read a good book. Dance. Play videogames. Etc.
- Do something you are good at. And if you feel like you are not good at anything (because with anxiety that can happen) pick a new hobbie!
- Make a list of your anxieties.
- Comment on each anxiety with something you can do to calm it.
- Start the happiness challenge!
Post made possible thanks to Montse M.